Beaded Friend Anklet
The traditional people are known for their beautiful beaded necklaces and jewelry.
Wearing the beaded creation you make today as an anklet will help you remember the daily theme Follow, as you learn to follow in Jesus' footsteps.
1. Have children decide on the pattern in which they want to string their beads onto the plastic sting.
2. Use the plastic string provided, then double the string, leaving one end with the loop and one end with the open strings.
3. Tie a knot at the loop end of the plastic string, leaving a 3 inch loop of strings as a tail end.
4. Thread beads from the open string end as desired.
5. Tie a double knot at the open end to secure the beads, leaving a 3 inch tail of string beyond the knot.
6. Put around the children's ankles and tie the two ends together, and take a walk with your new anklet!
The matriarch (oldest female) elephant of the herd leads the group of elephants through the savannah in search of food and water.
1. How can wearing an anklet help you remember to Follow Jesus' teaching?
2. What other things remind you to help you to Follow Jesus' teachings?
3. What might be hard or challenging about being a disciple?